Who is legally allowed not to pay for major repairs

  • 47,129
  • 150
Who is legally allowed not to pay for major repairs

It is the responsibility of each homeowner to pay for capital repairs. This provision is fixed in the housing code of the Russian Federation (art. 169, part 1).

For certain categories of homeowners there are several ways to avoid paying capital repairs in full. How is it possible to do this absolutely legally? After all, if you do not pay your bills, the owner of the property will not only count the amount of debt owed for capital repairs, but also incur penalties and fines.

The law of the Russian Federation defines categories of residents, who have benefits to pay contributions for the overhaul. Fully exempt from payment are apartment owners who have reached the age of 80 years. The benefit is provided to single elderly people or those who live together with non-working pensioners. If among those registered in the if the apartment of citizens has employed residents, then the owner will not be exempt from paying the full amount.

In addition, in the amount of 100%, veterans of the great Patriotic war, international soldiers who were injured or awarded state awards are exempt from paying the fee.

For compensation in the amount of 50% of the the full cost of capital repairs can be calculated by the following categories of citizens:

  • non-working pensioners over 70 years of age;
  • disabled people of group I or II who do not have a job and are property owners;
  • many children, as well as single-parent families with insufficient income level incomes';
  • liquidators of the Chernobyl accident;
  • families with disabled children.

These persons are compensated for up to 50% of the capital repair fee, which is transferred to the account of the home owner. However, we should not hope that the state itself will take care of payments. Money on this article will still have to be paid, but then the funds may be returned in full or in part.

To receive compensation, you must submit an application to the social protection authorities or on the website of the state service. The list of documents required for calculating preferential payments includes a passport, SNILS, and a copy a copy of the title document, a copy of the employment record, and a statement of the account where the funds will be transferred. In addition, you will need data about citizens registered in the apartment, as well as a receipt for payment for capital repairs for previous months. The last documents are usually chosen by employees of the center for public services independently. You can only grant a discount if all the repair receipts have been paid for.

There are buildings that can't be repaired. Residents of apartment buildings that are recognized in accordance with the procedure established by law emergency repairs should not be paid for. Enter the same procedure for buildings that are about to be demolished.

If the state or local municipality has made a decision to withdraw the land plot where the house is located, as well as to withdraw residential premises in the specified building, the owners are exempt from paying fees for capital repair.

New buildings have a special status. Since the houses are new, it is assumed that they will not have to be completely reconstructed for 5 years. It is during this period that residents do not pay for capital repairs.

Non-privatized housing is located in property of municipalities. Local authorities must fully maintain such apartments. In order to reduce costs, the municipal administration rents out residential space to those in need. The obligation to pay current expenses – electricity, maintenance, water supply, centralized heating – is transferred to the citizens who concluded the contract of social hiring.

However, the tenants themselves are not homeowners, so they do not have to pay for major repairs. This is the responsibility of the local municipality.

Every owner of residential premises who intends to sell their own an apartment owner can save money by refusing to pay for major repairs. In this case, the accumulated debt will be inherited by the new owner. But the future owner must be informed about this state of Affairs. A source.

  • Share

Leave a comment